Colon Hydro Therapy
BENEFICIAL FOR THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- Abdominal bloating, flatulence
- Arthritic aches and pains
- Acne and eczema
- Halitosis (bad breath)
- Digestion problems
- Hormonal imbalance
- Auto immune disease
COLON HYDRO THERAPYAlso known as: Colonics; Colon Cleansing; Colon or Bowel Irrigation; Colon Treatment; Intestine Cleanse.
This treatment is an age old treatment that is continually and widely used, using different methods. It is widely known that general well-being depends on a healthy colon, after all 70% of our immune system is in the colon.
Colon therapy is an efficient way to cleanse the colon of waste matter that has accumulated over a number of days, months or even years. Life-style habits, inadequate nutrition, unhealthy eating habits, stress, overuse of laxatives, painkillers, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic drugs are all contributing factors to this accumulation. This can then lead to chronic ailments ranging from asthma, allergies, skin problems, depression, headaches, bloating, cramping as well as insomnia.
While constipation is a clear indication of this problem, what many don’t know, is that accumulation of waste matter can be present even if a patient has regular bowel movements or diarrhea. The un-eliminated waste becomes hard and compacted, coating the inside of the colon and can prevent absorption of necessary nutrients; not to mention the toxicity it releases. Peristaltic movement of the bowel may also be hindered.
Colon therapy has proven to take care of persistent general health problems and may, in the long term prevent more serious disease that may be life-threatening.
THE TREATMENT:A thorough assessment is suggested before commencing on this treatment. Dietary advice, as well as the required necessary supplements will be suggested depending on the severity of the condition. A decision as to how many treatments will be needed, will also be established in the assessment.
Steps to the Colon Irrigation:
- It must be noted that this procedure is completely painless.
- A speculum (type of tube) is gently inserted into the anus. This may feel slightly uncomfortable.
- A water hose is attached to the speculum as well as a hose for elimination.
- Filtered water at body temperature is allowed to run into the colon. This helps to soften hardened, compacted waste and encourage normal peristalsis.
- Waste matter is evacuated through the waste pipe.
- Massaging the abdomen assists the body during the procedure to evacuate.
- Depending on the results a decision will be made as to how many litres of fluid will be used in a session.
- After the treatment, when everything has been removed, the patient will usually experience a spontaneous movement of the bowel.